In order to support a growing client list, Radiant Law, winner of the 2013 FT Legal Industry Pioneer award, is seeking talented and ambitious lawyers to join its commercial contracts team based in Cape Town.
Radiant Law is a groundbreaking UK law firm that helps companies, through their contracts, achieve their business objectives and build great commercial relationships. We do this by providing a managed legal service for high volumes of contracts using a combination of expert judgement calls, clear and measurable processes and the latest in legal technology.
The successful candidates will have 2 years+ PQE commercial, corporate and/or technology transactions experience. Legal technology knowledge/experience would be an advantage. Strong analytical and language skills are a must, and all candidates must possess a “can do” attitude, demonstrating leadership, initiative and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service. You will be keen to use your legal skills in an entrepreneurial environment with an opportunity to disrupt and improve the way corporates work, and to help Radiant Law build the future of contracting as part of our continuous improvement model.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
• the drafting, negotiation and checking of commercial contracts;
• building close working relationships with clients and identifying new ways for us to add value;
• onboarding new clients and accounts, including working with them to map the contracting process and identify opportunities to introduce technology.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
• Ability to review, assess and draft contracts
• Support the negotiations of a range of transactions
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to build lasting relationships with clients
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrate innovation, initiative and the ability to work autonomously
• Hardworking and enthusiastic, with a “can do” attitude
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
• Diligent and strong attention to detail
Radiant Law is fully committed to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity and anti-discrimination. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of race, age, gender, disability, religious belief or sexual orientation. You can find out more about our values here.
If you are a commercial lawyer looking to disrupt the way commercial contracts are delivered, working with global clients in a flexible, dynamic and collaborative environment, we would love to hear from you.